Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Sticky Situation

Nov. 17, 2008

Gumdrops taste like gumdrops as far as I can tell. In fact most things taste like the things they taste like. And this gumdrop, the one I'm chewing on, is no different than the rest. As I'm typing this and piling gumdrops in my mouth I'm realizing that we complicate things for the sake of complicating. Here I am, sticky fingers and all, pounding out an entry for no other reason than to write one, with nothing terribly important to say. And yet because of it, and because of gumdrops and the sticky wet fingers I locate them with, I really am doing nothing but making my keyboard sticky. My keyboard and my mouse. I hate it when my mouse is sticky and I hate having to clean my keyboard and mouse just for the sake of cleaning it; just for the sake of typing an entry with self-induced sticky, sloppy fingers. That is complication. To simplify would require dry, clean fingers with no gumdrops within an arms length. But instead, I get a dirty, sticky keyboard and Mick gets something to upload. If I had something to upload I probably wouldn't be so upset, of course I would have to upload it with sticky, dirty, nasty fingers and nothing to ease the irony but a bag of gumdrop tasting gumdrops.

Paul Kapp
47

No comments:

Post a Comment